SOLD OUT !!!
Any further registrations will be placed on a wait list
BVSA - Crans-Montana, Switzerland
See and Ski the Swiss Alps with many activities for non-skiers!
February 23 – March 3, 2024
- R/T air between PHL and Zurich (ZRH) via American Airlines nonstop flights.
- R/T transfers between Zurich Airport and Crans-Montana via private motor coach
- Seven night accommodations in Crans-Montana at the 3 Star Hotel Ad’eldorado https://www.hoteleldorado.ch/
- Welcome Drink Upon arrival at the hotel.
- Full breakfast buffet daily.
- Dinner for 4 evenings plus one evening Pizza party (gives you 2 nights out on your own!)
- One evening wine tasting (will be combined with dinner or pizza party).
- One night accommodations at the 4 Star Radisson Blue Zurich Airport Hotel including breakfast buffet https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/radisson-blu-zurich-airport
- One afternoon and evening in Zurich to sightsee and enjoy the city.
- R/T ground transportation for a full day in Zermatt
Crans-Montana Skiing: At an altitude ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 meters, the Crans-Montana ski area offers breathtaking views from its 140 kilometers of marked pistes. With pistes suitable for all levels, which stretch from the mountaintops which tower above the Plaine Morte Glacier to the golf course on the 'Haut-Plateau' below, the ski area is varied and promises unforgettable days of skiing for all levels. Crans-Montana is also host to the FIS women’s Downhill and Super-G races each year. In 2024 this will occur the week before we will be there.
Hotel Ad’eldorado: Perfect little 3 Star Hotel located in a great location in Crans-Montana. A six minute (600 meter) walk to the nearest gondola station and near to shops and restaurants in the village. This hotel offers cozy rooms and a nice bar with large lobby for relaxing after a day on the slopes.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich: Due to the flight times, a night in Zurich is required to avoid crazy early morning wake up calls. The Radisson Blu is a 4 star hotel located above the train station directly at the airport. While here, you have easy access to downtown Zurich as well as just being able to wake up the next morning and walk to the check-in counter for your flight home.
Zermatt Skiing/Boarding and or sightseeing. We have been successful in negotiating a day trip to Zermatt included in your trip cost!!! This will only include R/T ground transportation. While in Zermatt, you have your choice of the following to get a birds-eye view of the Matterhorn.
- skiing or snowboarding (https://www.zermatt.ch/en/winter)
- taking a funicular (https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-us/experiences/sunnegga-rothorn/)
- taking a cog railway (https://www.gornergrat.ch/en//)
- taking a tram (https://www.matterhornparadise.ch/en/Experience/Peaks/Matterhorn-glacier-paradise)
Zermatt is an Ikon Pass Mountain, so if you have an Ikon Pass it will cover the fees for all these options, if not, you can purchase individual tickets on your own.
Zermatt is also a very picturesque town. You may opt to simply walk around town enjoying the numerous bars, restaurants, or sights it has to offer.
FLIGHT SCHEDULE: (Times subject to change)
23 FEB AA 0092 PHL / ZRH 7:15PM – 8:50AM
03 MAR AA 0093 ZRH / PHL 10:50AM – 2:00PM
- $2875 per person double occupancy, $725 due at sign-up
- 2 payments of $725 due 7/23/23 and 9/23/23
- Final payment of $700 due 11/23/23
- $3299 per person single occupancy, $825 due at sign-up
- 2 payments of $825 due 7/23/23 and 9/23/23
- Final payment of $824 due 11/23/23
- $2030 per person double occupancy land only, $510 due at sign-up
- 2 payments of $510 due 7/23/23 and 9/23/23
- Final payment of $500 due 11/23/23
- $2454 per person single occupancy land only, $615 due at sign-up
- 2 payments of $615 due 7/23/23 and 9/23/23
- Final payment of $609 due 11/23/23
- Full refund up to 11/23/2023 (except lift tickets)
Send checks (payable to BVSA, memo: Switzerland 2024) and completed BVSA Trip Application and Data Sheet and copy of your Passport photo page to:
Bob Zeolla, 804 Carlson Ave West Chester, PA 19382.
LIFT TICKET OPTIONS (this is NOT an Ikon or Epic Mountain)
You do not need to purchase your lift tickets through the tour operator. You can buy them through many online vendors or the mountain using this link https://mycma.ltibooking.com/en/products/pass-dynamic-4-day-lift-ticket?type=1&start_date=2024-02-25.
Crans-Montana uses a dynamic pricing schedule. The more tickets they sell, the higher the price. Right now, you can purchase tickets online for less than our tour operator is offering, but that will change as we get closer to the winter. The website also states, “This product is valid for the specified date only, it is personal, non-transferable and non-refundable.”
As with most European resorts, these are consecutive days tickets. To optimize your Crans-Montana multi-day lift ticket, the trip to Zermatt will be on Friday, March 1.
If you opt to purchase your ticket through the tour operator, the prices are below. Please include the proper amount in your 9/23 payment (Purchase before 10/30) or 11/23 payment (Purchase after 10/30).
Consecutive days: Purchase before 10/30,/23 2023 Purchase after 10/30/23
1 days $64.00 pp $69.00 pp
2 days $123.00 pp $133.00 pp
3 days $181.00 pp $195.00 pp
4 days $236.00 pp $254.00 pp
5 days $289.00 pp $311.00 pp
6 days $335.00 pp $361.00 pp
Trip Cancellation / Interruption Insurance:
Trip cancellation insurance is available and is highly recommended. The premium depends on the amount of coverage desired and is based on the tour cost as indicated and will cover all non-refundable amounts in the event of a covered cancellation or trip interruption up to the amount of coverage selected. Please see the link below to sign-up for insurance. http://www.travelinsured.com/agency?agency=48424
Activities for Non-Skiers (and for Skiers Taking a rest day!)
Possible Excursions from Crans-Montana:
- Lausanne – Sightseeing and visit to Musee Olympique
- Montreux/Vevey – Sightseeing and visit to Chaplin’s World Museum and Chateau de Chillon
- Aletsch Glacier – Gondola ride to the Glacier
- Chamonix – Gondola to Aiguille du Midi or a day of skiing (Ikon Pass)
- Bern – Sightseeing on own in Bern.
Other Activities in Crans-Montana:
- Hiking & Snowshoeing - In Crans-Montana, there are a thousand and one ways to enjoy winter and the snow. Numerous paths await walkers, from short strolls around the resort, to more remote excursions at altitude. https://www.crans-montana.ch/en/activities_/hiking_snowshoeing
- Ski Touring - Crans-Montana is offering 15 ski touring routes for all levels with over 40 km of marked and secure paths. https://www.crans-montana.ch/en/activities_/randoparc
- Cross-country skiing - There are no lack of opportunities to enjoy this Nordic sport in Crans-Montana, with three routes that enable you to discover beautiful natural areas in the heart of the resort, or on the glacier at an altitude of 3,000 meters. https://www.crans-montana.ch/en/activities_/cross_country_skiing
- Paragliding - It will be an emotionally charged event when at an altitude of 2,600 meters you take off from rocky Bella Lui. A long flight awaits you, which will take you down to the resort of Crans-Montana, your eyes marveling at the unique views. https://www.crans-montana.ch/en/ski_lifts/paragliding
- Heritage - Crans-Montana is a destination that is overflowing with history and Valais popular traditions which visitors can find out about at the Grand-Lens Museum as well as at the Colombire alp ecomuseum. https://www.crans-montana.ch/en/culture/heritage
- Shopping - Everyone will find their joy amongst the many shopping possibilities which make Crans-Montana a real open-air shopping centre in the heart of the Alps.
Sightseeing in Zurich:
Joyce Schiavo – firstname.lastname@example.org 610-639-6242
Bob Zeolla – email@example.com 610-368-4517